Northwest Passage High School is a proud member of the Minnesota Association of Alternative Programs.
MAAP STARS is a broad-based vocational organization for students in secondary alternative programs in the United States. The purpose of MAAP Stars is to help students:
- Develop employment, academic and social skills.
- Experience career related activities that in turn assist them in making an informed career choice.
- Build a cooperative and competitive spirit through individual and team activities and competition.
- Strengthen social skills and build an appreciation for the responsibilities of citizenship, brotherhood, and the American free enterprise system.
- Develop self-confidence; increase motivation, and create a desire for and belief in life-long learning.
- To meet with, have fun with, and ultimately develop an appreciation for students and staff from other alternative program.